Thursday, March 10, 2011

Photos from Sunday's rally

Five days down the line Sunday's rally continues to inspire the hell out of me, and this in spite of the pragmatism that I try to instill in myself; pragmatism offering the gentle but crucial reminder that no one rally is enough to effect lasting change. It's not altogether unlike the process by which I try to keep the revolutions in the Middle East from making me light-headed and euphoric. Revolution is just the barest beginning of the destruction of totalitarianism. Like writing the rough draft of a novel (another apt comparison) it's the first stage of a long and rocky process that one must bear constantly in mind to stave off the fluff of idealism.

That said, it was a fantastic rally, and I was fortunate enough to land some compelling photos. Anyone interested can follow the link below:

https://picasaweb.google.com/mbochart/RallyTodayIAmAMuslimToo#

No comments:

Post a Comment